Galaxy Tab 10.1 provided a better alternative for iPad 2 and a bigger screen to Android Tablets. Featuring Dual core Tegra 2 Processor and GeForce graphics this Tablet has already sold millions of pieces. Samsung launched Galaxy Tab 10.1 with Honeycomb and later released Android IceCream sandwich firmware update for it recently. We on this Tutorial are guiding you through the procedure of rooting Galaxy Tab 10.1 running on latest ICS firmware.
Warning: This article is meant for educational purpose. Therefore, please follow the steps and methods mentioned in this article at your own risk.
- This article is only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
- Ensure that there is at least 70% charge with your device, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You need to backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Download CWM Recovery files, Windows Drivers, Rooting files and Odin from here to your computer. Extract them all and install Odin on your Windows PC and also place the rooting files to the root of the SD card.
Procedure to root and install CWM recovery on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 running on ICS:
Step1: Open Odin and reboot your phone so as to enter it in Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together until a yellow triangle appears on your screen, then press the Volume Down button to get into the Download Mode.
Step2: Now, connect your phone to the PC via original USB cable. On successful connection, the ID: COM section will turn Yellow in Odin.
Step3: Next, click on “PDA” button and choose the extracted recovery file and then click on “Start” button to begin the installing process.
Step4: As soon as the installation process completes, your device will reboot automatically. Now, disconnect your device from the PC.
Step5: Once again reboot your phone, this time to enter it in CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together until the recovery mode is entered.
Step6: Now, from the recovery menu, select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and then choose the extracted rooting file.
Step7: The installation process will begin and end up in few minutes.
Step8: As soon as the installation process has completed, select “reboot system now” from the recovery menu to reboot your system.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted and installed CWM recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Share with us if you face any problem, we are committed to help you in all possible aspects.
Other reached here searching for:
- 10 1 ics root no without computer, galaxy tab 10 1 root without computer, how to restore samsung tab 10 1 rogers, how to root samsung galaxy tab 10 1 without computer, install cwm recovery tab 10 1 without pc, root samsung galaxy tab 10 1 without using computer, to root cwm samsung tab 10 1, 갤럭시 탭 10 1 ics cwm