Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G users can now root their phone and install CWM (ClockworkMod) recovery on it. Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch is a Galaxy SII variant. It has a 4.52 inches Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen, 1.2 GHz Dual-Core processor with support of Exynos chipset and Mali-400MP GPU. It has an awesome 1GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage which could be expanded up to 32GB via Micro SD card slot.
Recently an Android 4.0.4 update was available Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G. Therefore, if you are a dedicated Sprint Epic 4G Touch owner than you can proceed with this article as it would help you in rooting your device and also will help you in installing CWM recovery on it.
Warning: Neither we nor the developer should be held responsible for any damages caused to your phone in the process of following this article. This article is meant for instructional and educational purpose only.
- This article is only for the users who Sprint Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G.
- Ensure that there is at least 70% charge with your device, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You need to backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there will be no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Sprint Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Procedure to root and install CWM recovery on Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G:
Step1: First of all, double-click on SPH-D710.FF18_CL663858_ROOTED_NODATA-oc-sfx.exe self extracting file to extract it to a convenient location.
Step2: Now, from the extracted files double-click on SPH-D710.FF18_CL663858_ROOTED_NODATA-oc-sfx.exe to run it.
Step3: Reboot your phone so as to enter it in Odin Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume down + Power buttons together until you see a warning screen, then press Volume up button to proceed.
Step4: Now, connect your phone to the PC via original USB cable i.e. the cable that came with it. You will notice that the ID: COM section in Odin turns yellow soon as you connect your phone.
Step5: Click on “Start” to begin the flashing process.
Step6: As soon as the procedure completes, you device will automatically reboot indicating that the rooting process has completed.
Step7: Once again reboot your phone, this time to enter it in USB Storage Mode. To do so, drag down the notification bar when connected with your PC and select “USB connected”, it should be off by default.
Step8: Now, double-click on “e4gtauto-sfx.exe” you’ve downloaded earlier.
Step9: Next, from the extracted files of e4gtauto-sfx.exe, double-click on “runfirst.bat” file to start the process.
Step10: Now, type in D and hit enter key, for proceeding further.
Step11: Follow all the on-screen instructions.
That’s it you have successfully rooted and installed CWM recovery on your Sprint Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G. Share your thoughts with us or let us know if you face any problem, we are here to help you in all aspects possible.
Other reached here searching for:
- e4gtauto-sfx exe, sph-d710 ff18_cl663858_rooted_nodata-oc-sfx exe, e4gtauto-sfx exe download, gt-i8160 cwm, cwm sph-d710, gt-i8160 clockworkmod, d710 cwm, sph-d710 cwm, sph d710 cwm, how to install clockworkmod recovery on sph-d710, sph-d710 ff18_cl663858_rooted_nodata-oc-sfx exe download, cwm recovery download for samsung s2 sph-d710, sph-d710 cwm recovery odin, galaxy s2 sph-d710 cwm, root galaxy s2 epic 4 g sph-d710, samsung d710 cwm, cwm d710, recovery for galaxy s2d710, sph-d710 clockworkmod recovery, cwm epic 4g d710