Verizon Galaxy Tab 2 SCH-I705 users can now root their devices with a simple procedure, though it is considered to be very hard to root Verizon Galaxy Tab 2 due to their security and locked bootloaders. But all thanks to XDA senior member MrHyde03 has found out the way to root Verizon Galaxy Tab 2 SCH-I705, not only this he has also given the procedure to install CWM recovery and TWRP recovery too.
In this article we have come with a perfect guide. Using this guide, you can root your Galaxy Tab 2 on Ice Cream Sandwich and Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware. When you will have root access you can then install CWM recovery or TWRP recovery.
This procedure is risky, it will void your warranty period, the only way to gain back warranty is to unroot the device again. You have been warned! Proceed if you are ready to face the consequences.
- Download Odin3 tool, extract the zip and install the file in windows : Odin3_v3.04.Zip
- Download any pre-rooted firmwares:
- Pre-rooted ICS firmware: Sch-I705_4.0.4_VRLJ1_prerooted_ODIN.7z
- Pre-rooted Jelly Bean firmware: Jellybean-4.1.2-Rooted_sch-I705.Tar.Md5-COMPRESSED.7z
- Download insecure bootloader for unlocking bootloader. After downloading, place it in the main (root) directory of your device’s SD card: Aboot.Img — Mirror
- Download your preffered Custom recovery img.
- CWM Recovery (no touch): Recovery.Tar.Md5 — Mirror
- TWRP Recovery (supports touch): TWRP_2440.Tar.Md5 — Mirror
- Downlaod and install USB drivers for your Device.
- Turn on USB debugging Mode from settings=> developer option=> tick on USB debugging Mode.
- Charge your device at least 80% So that no power interruptions during the process.
How to root Verizon Galaxy Tab 2 SCH-I705:
Step 1: First, turn off your Tab 2 SCH-I705 and boot it into Recovery mode: recovery mode can be entered by pressing and holding the Volume Up +Power keys together till you see a green Android robot on the screen, then release the Power key and keep the volume Up key pressed till you see a menu with“Android System Recovery” written on the top. Use the volume and Power keys when the device is in this mode.
Step 2: Now scroll down and select wipe data/ factory reset. Then wipe cache partition too.
Step 3: Boot directly into Download Mode by holding down the Volume Down + Power buttons till you see a warning screen and then press the Volume Up key to continue to the Download mode. Do not restart or turn off your device directly boot in download mode from recovery mode.
Step 4: Now launch Odin3 3.04 and connect the device to the computer using USB cable. Wait till your Tab is detected by Odin. A successful connection id indicated by the ID:COM port on Odin turning to Blue and “Added!” message in the box below.
Step 5: Click on PDA tab in Odin and select the firmware file with .tar.md5 extension, do not touch anything else on Odin except F.time reset and reboot system.
Step 6: Now, click on the start button on Odin, the firmware will be flashed to your device in a few minutes and then you will see PASS! Message to Odin.
That’s it you have rooted your device now its turn to unlock Bootloader on Verizon Galaxy Tab 2
How to Unlock the Bootloader on Verizon Galaxy Tab 2:
Step 1: Download and install Android Terminal Emulator app on your Galaxy Tab 2 and grant it root access.
Step 2: Make sure that you have copied the “aboot.img” file to the root directory of your device.
Step 3: Open terminal emulator and type the cmd.
dd if=aboot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5
This will pushed the insecure bootloader to your device and the bootloader will be unlocked.
Note: Alternatively, you can also flash the ”aboot.img” file to your device using ADB (Android Debug Bridge). If you have set up ADB on your computer type the command given below.
dd if=aboot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5
Note: Make sure that you not receive any OTA update from Verizon after installing the insecure boot image or you will lose it and will have go through all the procedure again.
How to Install Custom Recovery on Verizon SCH-I705:
Step 1: Turn off the device and again boot in download Mode. In above rooting procedure we have discussed how to boot in download Mode.
Step 2: Launch Odin in your PC, connect your device through the computer using an original USB cable.
Step 3: Go to PDA tab and select the file CWM.tar.md5 or TWRP.tar.md5, leave all other options unchecked as it is except “Auto Reboot”
Step 4: Click on Start and wait till device flashed and reboots automatically.
That’s it you are done! Now it’ll have CWM or TWRP recovery installed on it. You can now install a custom ROM or mod on your Verizon Tab 2.
Other reached here searching for:
- sch-i705 root odin, root sch-i705 verizon, sch i705 twrp recovery, how to root samsung sch-i705, twrp mj7, how to root samsung galaxy tab 2 7 0 sch-i705, easiest way to root samsung sch-i705, sch-i705 4 1 2 root, sch-i705 root, root sch-i705 to 4 4 2, sch-i705 tablet how to root, sch-i705_4 0 4_vrlj1_prerooted_odin 7z, TWRP and CWM Touch Recovery galaxy y s5360 download, SCH-I545 twrp root, SCH-I545 knox bootloader error, sch-i545 cwm tar, root sch-i705 without cpu, root verizon galaxy tab 2 windows, root verizon samsung galaxy 2 sch i705, root verizon sch-i705