Today in this post we would discuss about How to Root and Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Your Galaxy Nexus CDMA Running Android 4.0.4 ICS. Samsung Galaxy Nexus comes with the latest Android OS v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and a powerful Dual-core 1.2GHz Cortex-A9 processor. It has clear 4.7 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors and 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. Samsung Galaxy Nexus has 5 MP camera with autofocus and LED flash plus a Secondary 1.3 MP camera and Video recording at 720p@30fps
It is an official update but leaked, comes earlier on Samsung Nexus CDMA for Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. As you know well that if any new update release, older method of rooting become obsolete, and updating the device to Android 4.0.4 ICS will void its root. But thanks to XDA developer adrynalyne authored, who made it possible that after updating you can root Android 4.0.4. Let’s check out procedure.
How to root and install ClockworkMod recovery on your Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich:
Note- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if anything happens to your mobile we are not responsible for that.
- ADB and fastboot should be installed on your PC
- Disable all antivirus and other tools that can disturb the procedure.
- Enable USB debugging mode by going to “Settings > Applications > Development”. Make sure that there is a check mark beside USB Debugging.
- Download the su zip package (su.zip) from here or here.
- ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery 5.5.0 from here or here
- Download the Superuser app. It help you to access the root authority.
1. Copy the Clockwork Mode image file into the same folder where adb.exe and fastboot.exe are located on your computer.
2. Connect the device with PC using USB cable and copy su.zip into the root of your phone’s SD card.
3. Open command prompt (DOS) on PC issue the following commands:
- adb reboot bootloader
- fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-126.96.36.199-toro.img
4. Now, select phone’s Volume keys, select the option “Recovery Mode” and press the Power button to confirm the selection. This should boot your device to ClockworkMod Recovery.
5. In ClockworkMod Recovery, select “install zip from sd card”, then select “choose zip from sd card”.
6. Browse the contents of your SD card and select the file named “su.zip” to manually flash the su binaries to your Galaxy Nexus.
7. Now, wait until the installation process is finished.
8. Select “Go Back”, and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
That’s it you have completed the above procedure.
Other reached here searching for:
- cwm recovery cortex a9, install su clockworkmod