Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G users can now root their phone and install ClockworkMod Recovery on it. Rooting and installing CWM recovery will enable you to install many custom ROM and apps available. Before proceeding, you must clearly know that rooting a device voids warranty. Therefore proceed at your own risk. Below we will help you to root your device with methods one is with the help of Odin and the other one is DooMLoRD’s method, it’s upon you to decide as for proceeding with which method.
Warning: Following below mentioned methods and procedures may damage or brick your phone completely for which neither we nor the developer should be held responsible.
- The below mentioned process is only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G.
- Charge your device so that at least 70% charge is there with your device, to assure that there is no Power interruption during the process.
- Disable all security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your device, as these security suites generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download Odin, Superatmos kernel v3.2 (for Rooting via custom Kernel) or DooMLoRD’s Easy Rooting Toolkit (for Rooting via DooMLoRD’s rooting toolkit) and them also as needed.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G via Custom Kernel:
- Open Odin and reboot your phone to enter into Download Mode. Download Mode in Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G can be entered by pressing the Volume Down key + Home button and then simultaneously press Power key.
- Now, connect your phone to the PC via original USB cable you will see that the ID: COM section has Yellow in Odin.
- Now, click on “PDA” button to select the “superatmos_I9100G_kernel_v3.2.tar” file from the downloaded files you got while extracting them.
- Now, click on “Start” to begin flashing the kernel, you phone will automatically reboot and land into a ClockworkMod recovery installed device.
- Once again reboot your phone, this time to enter into ClockworkMod Recovery Mode. To do so, press Volume up key + Home key and then simultaneously press the Power key.
- Now, select “install zip from sdcard” and then select “choose zip from sdcard” and then navigate to the “cwm_superatmos_kernel_v3.3.zip”.
- After successfully completion of the installation, select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now”.
That’s it you have successfully rooted and installed ClockworkMod Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100G via DooMLoRD’s Easy Rooting Toolkit:
- Download DooMLoRD’s Easy Rooting Toolkit on your PC and extract “DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT-zergRush-busybox-su.zip” on any folder.
- Now, download creezalird’s edited runme.bat and replace the default runme.bat inside the DooMLoRD folder with creezalird’s edited version.
- Next, go to Settings -> Applications and enable “Unknown Sources.”
- Connect your phone to the PC via original USB cable and then Double-click on “runme.bat” file, proceed by following the on-screen instructions.
- In case the scripts fails, try the Memory crash method.
- Reboot and connect your phone once again to the PC, open any application on your phone and exit it using the Home key (Do not use the Back key.)
- In task manager tap on “clear memory.”
- Now, run the “runme.bat” on your PC.
Congratulations, you have successfully rooted and installed CWM Recovery on your phone via DooMLord’S Easy Rooting Toolkit. Share your joy with us or let us know if you face any problem, we will help you out from the same.
Other reached here searching for:
- sch-s738c root, cwm gt-i9100g, root sch-s738c, sch s738c root, sch-s738c cwm, gt-i9100g cwm, Installation about SCH-S738C\s Custom Rom, sch-s738c secret codes, cwm for i9100g, samsung sch-s738c root, cwm i9100g, custom recovery for 9100g, yhs-sgm_fb, samsung sch s738c secret codes, root samsung sch-s738c, sch-s738c custom rom, i9100g cwm, root sch s738c, sch s738c cwm, how to install clockwork recovery s2 i9100g