Samsung Galaxy 5 is not a new name in Samsung series of Smartphones. 2 years have passed since its launch in the Samsung’s Android series and it seems that Samsung has stopped further development for Galaxy 5 Smartphone and is not releasing any update for this Smartphone. Though, the developers over XDA are still trying hard to bring fresh and awesome updates for this phone. In order to apply these updates in your Samsung Galaxy 5, you first need to Root your phone. After rooting you should also install a custom recovery in your phone, so that you will be able to flash new custom ROM’s on your phone. Below we will guide you in simple steps on how can you Root and install ClockworkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy 5.
Warning: Please follow the below mentioned guide at your own risk. Neither we nor the developer should be held responsible for any damage caused to your phone. Follow the instructions carefully before proceeding.
- The methods and procedures discussed herein are only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy 5.
- Please charge your device so that at least 70% charge is there with it, to assure that there is no Power interruption during the process.
- Backup all essential data’s on your phone, as they may be lost during the process.
- Disable all security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your device, as these security suites generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy 5 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download the Androot App, Odin and ClockworkMod Recovery Image from here to your computer. Extract all the downloaded files place the Androot App package on the root directory of your phone’s SD card and install Odin on your Windows PC.
Procedure to Root and Install ClockworkMod Recovery on Samsung Galaxy 5:
- Firstly, Go to “My Files” on your phone and select the Androot App to install on your phone.
- After installing the rooting package on your phone, launch it from the Menu of your phone.
- Now, from the “app interface”, choose the “root” option, and the rooting process of your phone will begin.
- Reboot your phone after the rooting process has completed.
- Open Odin on your PC and once again reboot your phone to enter in to Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume down button + Home button + Power button together.
- Connect your phone to the PC using original USB cable. In the Odin tool, tick the box labeled as “One Package.”
- Now, click on “One Package” option in Odin and select the Recovery image file.
- Now, click on “Start” to begin the installation process.
- After recovery has successfully been installed on your phone, it will automatically reboot. After the phone has booted up, disconnect your phone from the PC.
Congratulations, you have successfully rooted and installed CWM recovery on your Samsung Galaxy 5. Share if you face any issue, we will try to resolve them.
Other reached here searching for:
- recovery samsung galaxy 5, cwm for galaxy 5, Galaxy SII che do CWM Recovery, how to installed cwm recovery on gt-i9505, install clockworkmod recovery t879, root and cwm i927, موبايل سامسونج جلاكسي5