In this article we are going to tell you about how to flash ClockworkMod Recovery and gain root access of your mobile phone. This feature will help in flashing custom ROMs so as to fully customize your Android phone. Senior member of XDA Deve
lopers has shared a guide on how to gain root access on your phone. This process will help you require you to flash ClockworkMod Recovery which will be used in flashing the root package. In the process below we are going to help you to flash ClockworkMod Recovery and root your Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 so that you can gain full access of your Android phone.
The instruction or procedure in this article is only for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2, model number SGH-T989. Using this procedure on another phone or model may give you unwanted outcome.
- First of you will need is T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich UVLE1 firmware.
- Then download and install the USB drivers on your computer (T-Mobile_t989_GSII_ADB_Drivers.zip, 22.8 MB).
- Close all system tools such as anti-virus software, firewall programs, and Samsung KIES to avoid interruptions throughout the procedure.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone.
- Your device should charged at least 70% charge with, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- Backup all the important data’s on your phone, so that there is no data loss during the process.
Procedure to root after upgrading to Android 4.0 ICS firmware T989UVLE1 in Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 (T-Mobile):
Step 1: first of all copy the Root.zip file in your phone’s internal SD card.
Step 2: Then extract Odin3-v1.85.zip file in the folder on your computer. Move to the folder where you extracted Odin and then double-click Odin3 v1.85.exe to launch Odin on your computer.
Step 3: Switch off your Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989 then reboot your phone into download Mode by pressing the Volume Down and Volume Up keys. Hold the buttons pressed and connect your phone to the computer via USB cable and wait till download mode boots up.
Step 4: You will get the message “Added” in Odin if it doesn’t appear make sure you have properly installed the USB drivers on your computer. Then click the PDA button and locate the recovery-cmw-hercules.tar.
Note: Don’t make any unnecessary changes in Odin. Making any changes will likely brick your phone.
Step 5: Click the Start button in Odin to flash ClockworkMod Recovery to your mobile phone. You will be provided with get a “PASS” message in Odin then your phone will automatically reboot.
Step 6: Press hold the Volume Up key, Volume Down key, and Power button to reboot your phone into ClockworkMod Recovery. Then in recovery mode select Install ZIP From SD Card > Choose ZIP From SD Card and locate the Root.zip file. Confirm the action on the next screen to initiate the rooting process.
Step 7: Once you are done with it go back to the main menu and select Reboot System Now to restart your phone.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed ClockworkMod Recovery and gained root access on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 SGH-T989. . If you meet any problem while following the procedure mentioned in the article, we are always there to help you.
Other reached here searching for:
- ice cream sandwich 4 0 4 galaxy s2 sgh-t989 download, sgh-t989 ics 4 0 4 rooting, t989uvle1 download