Galaxy SII has already got an official Android ICS update but people are looking for better working rooted Custom ROM. In this series, XDA developer member has launched Bezke ultra ICS ROM for SGS II GT9100. This is a very basic Android 4.0.3 install with some modded features. Check out the ROM feature below:
SGS2 Bezke UltraICS 4.0 ICS Custom Firmware features:
- Based on XXLPQ
- Modem XXLPQ
- CSC : OXALPQ
- Zipaligned RE
- Siyah ICs alpha6 Touch recovery Kernel
- New reworked scripts by me for best performance and battery
- Full Holo Themed
- Ics boot animation
- removed samsung keyboard,
- added trebuchet launcher
- added ICS keyboard – with more language
- added Google Music 4.1.511
- added ICS lockscreen
- Added Crt Off Animation
- AOSP Sms/Mms
- AOSP Contatcs
- AOSP Dialer
- Themed apps /camera
Disclaimer: Rooting and installing custom Firmware voids warranty of your device. We or the developers are not responsible for any kind of issues caused during following this procedure. However, this tutorial is created after testing and ensuring that everything works fine.
- You will need to root your device and install Recovery Mode. You can get help from below links:How to root your Galaxy S II on Android 4.0.3 ICS with CF-Root: TutorialHow to Root Samsung Galaxy S2 when running on XXLPQ firmware
- We suggest a full backup of your device. Backup SMS, call logs, contacts, pics, videos, personal files, internet access points settings, other settings. Please create a backup of your current ROM using recovery before following the process.
- Please ensure that you charge your device to atleast 80% so that you do not face a power issue in between of process.
- Disable or uninstall Antivirus or Firewall to avoid any security issues while updating the firmware.
- Enable USB debugging on your Device. Go to “settings>>Application>>Development>>USB debugging”. Check the USB debugging option.
- Download the Bezke ICS rom here.
How to install Bezke Ultra ICS ROM on SGS2:
- Connect your phone to computer and transfer the zip file(Bezke ROM zip file downloaded in pre-requisite section) to Root of your phone’s SD card.
- Now, power off your Galaxy S2 and start it into recovery mode. You will need to press Volume up and power button simultaneously to enter fastboot mode where you can select recovery option.
- Once you are in the Recovery mode selects “Wipe data/factory reset” and “Wipe Cache partition”.
- When you successfully erase cache and data, you can select “install zip from SD card”. Now, select “Chose Zip from SD card”. Select the zip file we have transferred in step 1.
- The device will start installing the new ROM from ZIP file, it will take 5-7 minutes for procedure to complete. Once done and confirmed you can go back to start menu by selecting “+++Go Back+++”. And lastly select “Reboot System Now”.
- You will be welcomed by new ROM and user interface. You can still confirm by going to “Settings>>About phone >>Firmware Version” you will see that Android 4.0.X will be installed.
Note: If device hangs on boot screen, take out the battery and reinsert. Follow the procedure again to install the ICS ROM. If you still cannot make it work you can install your current ROM you backed up. You can report your issues here.
Other reached here searching for:
- how to install hologram to samsung s2