A new firmware has been released for Samsung Galaxy S2; it is a beta release of ICS dubbed as XXLPJ Android 4.0.3. This is not an official version released from Samsung. For all those who are waiting for a Global Official release of ICS Android 4.0.3 firmware may have to wait for a bit longer period of time as after some of the carriers have already rolled out the ICS updates for Galaxy S2. So, just go for this firmware till Samsung releases its official update. Specs of this phone are as Samsung Galaxy S2 comes with Android OS v2.3 and a powerful Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor. It has big 4.3 inches Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touch screen with 16M colors and 400 x 800 pixels resolution. Samsung Galaxy S2 has 8 MP cameras with autofocus, LED flash and also with a Secondary 2 MP camera and can record Video at 1080p@30fps. The phone has Bluetooth v3.0+Headset, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct and 3G data transfer at HSDPA 21 Mbps; HSUPA 5.76 Mbps. Let’s check out how to install XXLPJ firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2.
How to install XXLPJ firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2:
Note- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if anything happens to your mobile we are not responsible for that.
- Enable the USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Turn Off all the antivirus as well as Firewall tools in your computer as these tools tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Download XXKJ2 Firmware Package
1. Extract the above downloaded zips file and open the Odin executable file in your computer.
2. Now, turn off your phone and go to download mode. How*- by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown indicating the Download Mode has been entered.
3. Once the device is entered in the Download Mode, ID: COM section will turn Yellow. That means you are successfully connected with the computer.
4. Now on Odin, you need to select the below mentioned files in the Odin by selecting the corresponding files.
PDA – I9100_CODE_I9100XXLPJ_CL140368_REV02_user_low_ship.tar.md5,
Phone – MODEM_I9100XXLPJ_REV_02_CL1105553.tar.md5
CSC – GT-I9100-MULTI-CSC-OXALPJ.tar.md5
5. After selecting the files, you need to click on “Start” and once the process gets done, the phone will be rebooted automatically.
Note- The whole process may take around 5 – 10 minutes. Once you see the home screen, you need to remove the connected USB cable.
6. Now, again turn off the device so that you can then enter the device in the recovery mode. How*- by entering Volume Up Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
7. In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
That’s it you have completed the above procedure. You can check update by Go to “Settings > About Phone > Firmware Version” where you will find the version of XXLPJ Android 4.0.3.firmware.