Install latest Firmware Android 2.3.6 on Galaxy Note N7000. This firmware is dubbed as XXLA6, this is an official firmware update from Samsung. A minor issue fixes and camera problems rectifications. Firstly this update was available on the air to the Europe users but now it is available all over the world. This will be updated with the help of Odin tool. Let’s check out the procedure.
Disclaimer: information regarding this firmware update is mentioned correctly through the official website. We hold no responsibility in any manner just in case if any damage happens to your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 we would help you to shoot out the same.
- While appling this firmware update won’t root the device in any manner, so you will not lose the warranty which is the case if you root the phone.
- Just in case if you have already rooted the Galaxy note N7000 then after applying this update the rooting access will be revoked and you can claim back the lost warranty.
- Backup your data properly, so in case data in the device get erased or corrupted you can restore it back where it was. Follow the backup procedure from here
Text messages – Use “SMS Backup & Restore app”,
Phone Contacts – Sync with the Gmail application,
Call Log – Call Log and Restore
Pictures, Music, Videos, Files etc.– Copy to internal / External SD Card,
Internet & MMS Settings – Backup all the settings from the path “Applications > Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names”
- Battery should be charged atleast 80% so as to ensure that it doesn’t get turned Off in the middle of firmware update.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode in your computer from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”
Procedure how to Install XXLA6 Firmware on Galaxy Note N7000:
1. First download Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread firmware XXLA6 package. (The package also includes Odin3 v1.81.)
2. Extract the above downloaded package into a folder on your computer.
you will see this type of files “N7000XXLA6_N7000OXXLA1_N7000XXLA4_HOME.tar.md5″ among the extracted files.
3. On your computer launch the Odin3 tool. It’s inside the folder where you extracted the ZIP package.
4. Turn off your Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 to boot into the download mode. How*- by pressing the Volume Down and the OK buttons while pressing the Power button.
5. Once the device is in Download Mode, connect your Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 to your computer. ###Make sure that Odin should be running while connecting the phone###.
6. While all the device drivers had been installed properly, the ID:COM section of Odin3 will be turned yellow.
7. If the ID:COM section does not light up, disconnect the phone and go through “Settings > Wireless and Networks > USB Settings > Samsung KIES option”. Try connecting the phone again to your computer.
8. Click on the PDA button in Odin3. In the browse dialog, select the “N7000XXLA6_N7000OXXLA1_N7000XXLA4_HOME.tar.md5″ file.
9. In the Option section in Odin3, make sure only “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” are checked. Leave the other options as it was or we can say unchecked.
10. Tap on Start option in the Odin3 window. Your firmware will start installing and in a few minutes, it should have successfully finished.
11. The device will also automatically reboot. Disconnect the Galaxy Note from the computer when the homescreen loads after rebooting.
12. Now, while you see your homescreen, again Turn off your Galaxy Note. Reboot the Galaxy Note to recovery mode by holding down the Volume Up and OK buttons as you press the Power button.
13. From the recovery menu, select “Wipe data/factory reset” and confirm the operation on the next screen.
14. Select “Wipe cache partition” from the options and confirm the operation on the next screen.
15. Finaly return back to the recovery’s main menu and select “Reboot system now.”
Thats it your procedure has been completed.
Other reached here searching for:
- androidpit root en galaxy note firmware xxla6, firmware samsung gt7000, galaxy note n700 restore, how to install ics 4 0 4 on galaxy note n7000 running gingerbread video, mediafire jelly bean 5 3 galaxy note (gt-n7000), n7000-boot(reset-flash-counter) tar, ntg 7000 jelly bean, xxla6 cf-root