A new version of firmware is available for Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 named as XWJW1 Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware. It has the latest Darky’s 10.4 custom ROM which is known for its good performance as well as battery life. So moving on to the procedure first let’s checks out Galaxy S GT I9000 specs and features.
Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 specs and features:
Samsung I9000 Galaxy S is a very popular mobile phone from Samsung and comes with Android OS v2.1 (Eclair), upgradable to v2.2 and ARM Cortex A8 1GHz processor. I has support both 2G and 3G Network, 4.0 inches, Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 480 x 800 pixels, Virtual QWERTY, Touch Screen , MP3 Player, FM radio with RDS, 5 MP camera with 2592 x 1944 pixels and autofocus. Video recording is at 720p@30fps and Samsung I9000 Galaxy S can play Video formats MP4, DivX, WMV, H.264 and H.263. The phone has Push Email, HTML browser, 8 GB/16GB internal storage, 512 MB RAM, 2GB ROM, micro SD up to 32GB, Standard battery, Li-Ion 1500 mAh with Talk Time Up to 13 h 30 min (2G) / Up to 6 h 30 m.
How to install XWJW1 Gingerbread 2.3.6 firmware on Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000:
Note: This post is only for the educational purpose. So if anything happens to your mobile we are not responsible for that.
This procedure is not for rooting your device; if your device has been already being rooted then rooting will get void.
- Download XWJW1 Firmware package
1. Extract the above file in your desktop. After extraction you will see 2 file one is like CODE.tar.md5 and another is Odin3_v1.0
2. Now, open the Odin in your computer.
3. Turn off your phone so as to enter in the download mode. How*- by pressing Volume Down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
4. Once the device is entered in the download mode, connect the phone to the computer with the help of USB cable.
5. ID: COM section will turn Yellow which will mean that all the drivers are successfully installed.
6. Now, click on the mentioned Option in the bracket (PDA – CODE_I9000XWJW1_CL788890_REV03_user_low_ship.tar.md5) in the Odin.
7. Now, click on “Start” option to start the process of firmware update.
8. Wait for 3 – 4 minutes till the process of firmware update is completed.
9. Now you will have to wait till the phone is rebooted, as soon as the phone gets rebooted, you will then see that the phone will prompt you to enter the Language Settings as well as the Google Account Credentials.
That’s it you completed the above procedure. To check on the firmware has successfully applied or not, you can check the same from the path “Applications > Settings > About Phone” where you will find the firmware version as XWJW1 2.3.6 Gingerbread version. One more step is left.
10. Just in case if you are facing issues like force close errors in your phone then you need to turn off the phone and then you need to enter into the recovery mode.
11. Now, turn off the phone so that you can then enter into the recovery mode. How*-by pressing Volume UP Key + OK button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button.
12. In the recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition and then reboot your device by selecting reboot system now option.
Other reached here searching for:
- gingerbread 2 3 6 xwjw1, custom rom for samsung champ, code_i9000xwjw1_cl788890_rev03_user_low_ship tar m d5, yhs-coles_001, custom rom samsung champ, xwjw1 gingerbread 2 3 6 firmware download, gingerbread 2 3 6 xwjw1 download, gingerbread 2 3 6 xwjw1 firmware, CODE_I9000XWJW1_CL788890_REV03_user_low_ship tar md5, install cmw i9000 xwjw1 2 3 6, install xwjw1 galaxy s, nokia 2690, os custom ROM for samsung champ, Roms for Samsung champ, yp-gs1 gingerbread download, install android 2 3 on samsung champ, i9000b gingerbread xwjw1 __strong, how to root xwjw1 firmware for galaxy s i9000, how to install gingerbread on Samsung champ, how to install gingerbread on samsung 3312