The new MIUI v4 ROM has been released for Galaxy Nexus known as UltimateMIUI. This UltimateMIUI Rom is running on Ice Cream Sandwich Android 4.0. Samsung Galaxy Nexus comes with the latest Android OS v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and a powerful Dual-core 1.2GHz Cortex-A9 processor. It has clear 4.7 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors and 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. Samsung Galaxy Nexus has 5 MP camera with autofocus and LED flash plus a Secondary 1.3 MP camera and Video recording at 720p@30fps. The phone has Bluetooh v3.0 with A2DP, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot and 3G data transfer at HSDPA 21 Mbps; HSUPA 5.76 Mbps. MIUI’s beautiful interface on 4.7 inch screen would be much better. So without wasting time lets move to the procedure.
How to install UltimateMIUI Rom on Galaxy Nexus:
Note: This ROM is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (GSM Version), model number i9250. Not for any other device. We and developer are not responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. If any issues occurs we are committed to help you in solving the same.
General Issues occurs:
- Gallery force closes sometimes. Just give it a go second time.
- The device must be rooted with ClockworkMod recovery installed.
- Full backup your all Apps and important data like bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. I prefer you to use Backup Master app download it from here.
- Make sure that you have charged your mobile upto 80% recommended.
- Download the latest version of the ROM
- Transfer the downloaded .zip file to the root directory of the SD card on your Galaxy Nexus.
- Turn off the phone, and boot into Clockworkmod recovery. How*_together press: Power + Volume Up and Down. You will enter Fastboot mode.
- On Fastboot Mode Here, press Volume Uptwice till you see Recovery selected, then press Power button to boot into recovery.
- In recovery, use Volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select.
- Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this rom. To perform a backup, select backup and restore –> On the next screen, select Backupagain. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete.
- Now, Perform a wipe procedure. Select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete. Select wipe cache then select Yes on next screen to confirm. Select advanced, and then select wipe dalvik cache » Yes – wipe dalvik. Then go back to the main recovery menu.
- Now select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard and select it.
- Confirm installation by selecting Yes. The ROM will start installing.
- After the installation is complete, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
That’s it you have completed the above procedure.