For Nexus new Custom Rom has been launched. CM9 the most famous custom ROM for Android and a ROM that works the best on Nexus devices, bringing lot of customization and even better performance than stock Android. The Skankwich GSM Kang ROM is a new custom ROM for the Galaxy Nexus, and is based on CM9 sources. While not much different from CM9, it does have a few changes and additions. The ROM is currently under development so expected to be bugs present. Let’s check out the procedure.
How to install Skankwich GSM Kang ROM on your Galaxy Nexus i9250:
Note- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if anything happens to your mobile we are not responsible for that.
- latest version of the ROM
- Download the Google Apps package (This will install apps like Market, Gmail, etc. which are not present in the ROM)
1. Transfer the both downloaded files into your SD card.
2. Turn off your phone and Boot up into Clockworkmod recovery. How*- by pressing the following keys together: Power + Volume Up and Down.
3. You will enter Fastboot mode. Here, press Volume Up twice till you see Recovery selected, then press Power button to boot into recovery. In recovery, use Volume buttons to navigate and the Power button to select.
4. Select “wipe data/factory reset”, then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm data wipe (will NOT wipe your SD card). Select “wipe cache”, then select “Yes” to confirm.
5. Then, select “advanced”, then select “wipe dalvik cache”, then select “Yes” to confirm. After wiping dalvik cache, select “go back” to go back to the main recovery menu.
6. Now select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard and select it. The ROM will now start installing.
7. After the ROM finishes installing, select “go back” to go back to the main recovery menu.
8. Now repeat step 6, but this time selects the Google apps package file gapps-ics-20120224-signed.zip to install the Google apps package.
9. After the installation is complete, select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
That’s it you have completed the above procedure.