We have already reviewed many ICS based ROM for Samsung Galaxy SII. Right now, a pro edition of well known Resurrection Remix ICS ROM for Galaxy S2 I9100 has been released by an XDA developer forum member. We have tested this ROM on SGS2 and its providing the best battery backup and performance. This is a stock AOSP based ROM tweaked for lag free performance. I am sure that people who are not satisfied with the performance for ICS update on SGS2 would like to install this ROM. Check the screenshots below:
Pre – Requisite:
- First of all, you need to root your Android device in order to install a Recovery Mode.
- It is highly recommended to take the backup of all your device data such as call logs, SMS, email, internet access settings, images, audio & videos. It is also necessary to create the backup of your current ROM before starting the process.
- You must charge your device battery up to 80% to avoid turn off the device during the process.
- Then you must disable and uninstall the Anti-Virus or Firewall to avoid any type of security issue while updating.
- After that make it sure that your USB debugging is enabled on the device. To check the USB debugging option go to the path – ‘Settings > Application > Development > USB Debugging’.
- After completing all the above tasks, you need to download —–
How to install Resurrection Remix ICS PRO Edition v1.0 for Galaxy S2 i9100: Step by step procedure
Step 1: You are now requested to connect your Android Device with your Computer to proceed with the process by transferring the downloaded zip file to the root directory of the phone’s SD Card.
Step 2: Now, you need to power off your Android Device in order to start it in Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Down and Power button simultaneously to enter the ‘Fastboot Mode’, where you can select the Recovery option.
Step 3: After entering the Recovery Mode, select ‘Wipe data/factory reset’ and then ‘Wipe Cache partition’.
Step 4: When cache and data are successfully removed, then go for the installation process. For this you need to select ‘install zip file from SD Card’ option.
Step 5: Now, select the ROM zip file. It will take almost 5 to 7 minutes for completing the process. (First install Remix main base.zip. Then again choose to install zip from SD card and this time select the Gapps for remix. Once installed follow the procedure again to install Gappsfixer.zip)
Step 6: After the conformation of the completion of the process, go back to Start Menu by choosing ‘+++Go back+++’ and lastly reboot your device.
Step 7: You can also conform the presence of new ROM by going to the following path –
‘Settings > About phone > Firmware Version’
Other reached here searching for:
- resurrection remix stuck on logo