Samsung Galaxy Note can now be updated with MIUI 4 custom ROM, developed and released by XDA Senior Member Gerrett who made an unofficial port of the ROM based on CM9. This custom ROM is based on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, it features unique interface with features such as themes support, a custom home launcher, customizable status bar, inbuilt backup and restore and much more. MIUI works better on large screen as that of Galaxy Note.
Though MIUI 4 has countable number of features but is also has some of the known issues as it is based on CM9 and is under development which increase the of there being issues and some bugs, some of which include: no HDMI, no tethering, no FM, no SD card on MIUI apps or USB connection, the USB OTG do not work, EMMC and SD card are swapped compared to all other CM devices and whenever notification comes and the headphones are plugged in the volume does not restore properly. Some features like 3G video calling will be unavailable and if you use Swype you will need to download the beta version as Swype is also not included in the ROM.
Warning: Be careful while following the below mentioned process as they may damage or brick your phone completely for which neither we nor the developer would be held liable.
- The below mentioned process should be applied to Samsung Galaxy Note N7000.
- At least, 70% of charge should be there with your device, so as to minimize the chances of Power interruption during the process.
- Disable all security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your device, as these security suites generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download CF-Root Kernel and Odin from here to your computer and extract them too.
Procedure to Install MIUI ROM on Galaxy Note N7000:
1. Open Odin and reboot your phone as to enter into Download Mode. Download Mode in Galaxy Note can be achieved by pressing the Volume Down key + Home key + Power together.
2. Connect your Galaxy Note to your Windows PC with help of original USB cable and then you will see that the ID: COM section has turned Yellow in Odin.
3. Now, click on “PDA” button, then select the CF-Root-SGN_XX_OXA_LC1-v5.3-CWM5.tar file obtained after extracting the downloaded file. Then, click on “Start” to begin the process.
4. After the installation process completes, the phone will reboot automatically and when you see the Home Screen or language preference setting option on your screen, disconnect your phone.
5. Now, once again reboot your phone this time to enter into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do so press the Volume Up key + Home key + Power key together.
6. Now, select “wipe data/factory reset” and then select “Yes” to confirm your selection.
7. Next, select “install zip from sdcard” and select “choose zip from sdcard”. Navigate to the ROM file on the SD card and select “Yes” to confirm your selection.
8. After the installation process completes, select “Finish” to finish the procedure and reboot your phone, you can also select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone manually.
That’s it, you have successfully installed MIUI ROM on your device. Share with us if you face any problem, we will try to resolve the same.
Other reached here searching for:
- روم n7000 miui, miui rom samsung galaxy note i717, miui rom for galaxy note i717, miui rom n7000 jelly bean, miui rom sgh-717, n7000 odin miui, new miui rom for i717, samsung i717 MIUI, sgh717 recovery mode, SGH–I717 miui, when is miui 4 2 2 tmobile note 2, miui rom for galaxy note 1717, miui port for galaxy note i717, miui n7000 odin, custom rom miui jelly bean samsung note n7000, how to install miui rom note 2 tmobile, how to install miui to samsung galaxy note 2, miui 4 0 galaxy ace s5830i, miui for i717, miui for samsung i717