Samsung Galaxy S2 new ICS Rom has been updated. The ROM is an AOSP Based ROM named as “Koud AOSP ROM”. The AOSP ROM provides full Android 4.0 Experience on your handset. This Rom has been developed by the koudd (developer). This Rom is different from the other Rom’s, it is an TouchWiz Free plus clean ROM. This is an non-official update so, axpect few bugs will be there. Warranty of the mobile phone will be voided upon the flashing of the ROM, but it can be retained using the STOCK FIRMWARE. Let’s move to the procedure.
Samsung Galaxy S2 Specs and features:
Samsung Galaxy S2 comes with Android OS v2.3 and a powerful Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor. It has big 4.3 inches Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors and 400 x 800 pixels resolution. Samsung Galaxy S2 has 8 MP camera with autofocus, LED flash and also with a Secondary 2 MP camera. Video recording at 1080p@30fps. The phone has Bluetooh v3.0+Headset, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct and 3G data transfer at HSDPA 21 Mbps; HSUPA 5.76 Mbps.
How to install ICS “Koud AOSP ROM” on Samsung Galaxy S2:
Note- This post is only for the educational purpose, So any thing happens to your device we are not responsible for that.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode in your mobile phone (Settings > Applications >Development > USB Debugging).
- Samsung drivers must be installed. 32 bit (x86) Windows | 64-bit (x64) Windows |
- Rooted device with CWM Recovery installed.
- Download the latest version of the AOSP ROM from the official development thread.
- Download the Google Apps Package.
- First transfer both the files to the root of your SD Card.
- Turn off the mobile phone and reboot into CWM Recovery. How by*- By Pressing Hold Volume UP + Home + Power.
- Now select “Install zip from sdcard” >>> “choose zip from sdcard“, now select the file which you had transferred earlier on the device.
- Now wait for a while till the ROM gets installed.Then Flash the Google Apps Package using the same method.
- After that, Perform a wipe on your device. Now, Select “wipe data/factory reset” then select “YES” to confirm the same.
- Then “Go Back” and “reboot system now“.
That’s it you have completed the above procedure.
Other reached here searching for:
- aosp rom s2