As we know that, Ice Cream Sandwich is the latest advanced version of the Android OS released by Google Inc. in the market. So in coming days all the Android based feature phone will get the update and to follow this trend Galaxy S GT I9000 is not far behind to receive the Android update. So in this due article we are presenting you the full steps to update your Galaxy S GT I9000 device with an all new Build 10 of ICS Android 4.0.1 update.
Attention Readers: this update is not an official release pushed by Samsung Electronics and this is not a Full-fledged version and is a test version. Just in case if you want to try this out you can but it’s not a full-fledged working version of firmware.
Don’t forget to back up your data. If you have synced the device with a Google account, then the contacts, calendar, Gmail, & select other Google-related data will not be lost and will come back after the next sync. However, you should backup anything you want to keep that is not stored on the SD card:
- SMS/MMS messages,
- Call Log,
- Applications; use Titanium Backup or the Astro File Manager, for example,
- Any application data not on the SD card.
It would also be a good idea to backup everything stored on the SD card in the rare case the SD card must be formatted to resolve any major problems.
Disclaimer: We are not responsible in any manner if anything happens to your device as which is a very unlikely case if you follow each and every instruction carefully given in this article. This update should only be updated to the phones which are unlocked and also only to the phones which have the model number as I9000 and not even I9000B / i9000T etc.
Note: Make sure that your Galaxy S has been rooted to install the new Build 10 of ICS Android 4.0.1 update, if not then first root your device then apply the same.
- Download ICS Android 4.0 Build 10 Package
- Download Google Apps
- Download Face Unlock Feature package
- Galaxy S GT I9000 USB cable
Steps to Update Galaxy S with Build 10 ICS Android 4.0 Firmware:
- First of all download the required file from above link to your computer.
- After downloading the same, connect your Galaxy S GT I9000 to your computer through USB data cable.
- Now you have to copy all of these Zip packages to your phone by connecting device with the computer using the original USB cable.
- Now disconnect the phone which is connected from the computer and then turn Off the device so as to enter into recovery mode.
- The recovery mode can be entered by “Pressing Volume Up key+ Menu Key + Power ON the device”.
- After enter into the recovery mode, you need to select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that this will clear the cache
- Now in the recovery mode, select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” after which you need to select the ICS Android 4.0 Build 10 Package, Google Apps & Face Unlock Feature package one after other in the mentioned order.
- It will take up to 10 minutes to finish the process of updation. Once the device is updated successfully, you will again land up on the recovery mode.
- Again in the recovery mode select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that this will clear the cache after which select “++++ Go Back ++++” and select “reboot system now” which will reboot the phone.
Congratulation, You have successfully installed the update of ICS Android 4.0 firmware Beta 10 update to your Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000 and if you find any difficulty then call us through comment section given below.
Other reached here searching for:
- galaxy-s-i9000-ics-beta10 zip, how to install 4 0 on i9000, samsung galaxy gt i9000 update firmware 4 0 1, how to install ics on gt i9000, ICS 4 0 1 for samsung galaxy s gt i9000, Install Android 4 0 1 Jelly Bean Update on Galaxy S GT-I9000, official 4 0 1 samsung galaxy gt i9000, samsung galaxy s gt-i9000 android 4 0 1 ics beta 1, samsung galaxy y duos update to 4 0 1, samsung gt i9000 firmware install by odein, samsung i9000v 2 3 6 theme, android 4 0 ics build 10, how to install 4 0 for i9000, downlaoud firmware for i9000 ver 4 0 1, firmware 4 0 1 galaxy s, firmware 4 0 1 samsung s1, firmware i9000 4 0 1, firmware i9000t 4 01, free download flash for samsung i 9000 v 4 0 1, free flash for samsung i 9000 v 4 0 1