New AOKP Rom has been released for Galaxy S2 known as Black Infinitum. AOKP ROM is well known for its performance and customization options. It is fully open source Rom, letting developers build AOKP based ROMs for different devices latter. This Black Infinitum AOKP ROM brings out cool and attractive black and white theme which just looks superb due to the deep blacks made possible by the Super AMOLED Plus screen on the Galaxy S2. Samsung Galaxy S2 comes with Android OS v2.3 and a powerful Dual-core 1.2GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor. It has big 4.3 inches Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors and 400 x 800 pixels resolution. Samsung Galaxy S2 has 8 MP camera with autofocus, LED flash and also with a Secondary 2 MP camera. Video recording at 1080p@30fps. The phone has Bluetooth v3.0+Headset, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct and 3G data transfer at HSDPA 21 Mbps; HSUPA 5.76 Mbps. So without wasting time let’s let’s move to the procedure.
How to install Black Infinitum AOKP ROM on Galaxy S2:
Note: This ROM is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy S2, model number I9100. Not for any other device. We and developer are not responsible for any damage happened to your device in the process of following the instructions mentioned in this article. If any issues occurs we are committed to help you in solving the same.
- The device must be rooted with ClockworkMod recovery installed.
- Full backup your all Apps and important data like bookmarks, contacts, SMS, APNs (internet settings), etc. I prefer you to use Backup Master app download it from here.
- Make sure that you have charged your mobile upto 80% recommended.
- Downloadthe latest version of the ROM
- Download the Google Apps package
- Transfer the downloaded zip files (ROM + Google Apps package ) to the root of your internal SD card on the phone.
- Turn off the phone, so as to enter in recovery mode. How*_ hold these 3 buttons together until the screen turns on: Volume UP+Home+Power. Phone will boot into CWM recovery. Use volume keys to scroll up and down between options and power/home key to select an option.
- Perform a Nandroid Backup of your existing ROM, so that you can always restore it from recovery if something does not work out with this rom.
- To perform a backup, select Backup and Restore –> On the next screen, select Backup again. Restore your backup using the restore option when needed.
- Select wipe data/factory reset, then select Yes on next screen to confirm. Wait a while till the data wipe is complete.
- Now select install zip from sdcard, then select choose zip from sdcard. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard and select it. Confirm by selecting Yes. The ROM will start installing.
- After the ROM finishes installing, select go back to go to the main recovery menu.
- Now repeat step 6, but this time select the Google apps package file gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip to install the Google apps package.
- After the installation is complete, select go back then select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
That’s it you have completed the above procedure.
Other reached here searching for:
- galaxy s2 black, ROOM FOR GALAXY Y, s5360 update android ics, tutorial how factory restore internal sdcard rooted i747