We have seen unofficial version of Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) Android 4.0.3 on Samsung Galaxy Note, It was running Samsung’s custom TouchWiz UI on top, which while adding some useful features does take away the fun of stock ICS, which in itself is great both visually and in usability. For those users who would rather prefer ICS without the TouchWiz customization can finally get it thanks to Imilka ICS, an AOSP based ROM built from sources that provides you the stock ICS experience akin to Cyanogenmod, but without any modifications or changes to stock Android. There are still a couple of bugs and issues present in the ROM, Let’s check out flashing procedure.
How to install AOSP Ice Cream Sandwich ROM on Galaxy Note:
Note- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if anything happens to your mobile we are not responsible for that. This ROM is compatible with Galaxy Note, model number N7000.
Issues in this Rom:
- MAJOR: Video playback doesn’t work properly. It basically plays, but like a slideshow. Will be fixed ASAP.
- MAJOR: Video recording (camcorder) doesn’t work too for same reason. Camera (taking pictures) working properly.
- MINOR: USB File transfer doesn’t work will be fixed soon.
- MINOR: Stock camera takes pictures only in 3MP. Seems to be software bug. Use any other camera software.
- MINOR: External SD card mounts manually. You’ll be able to access it in /emmc but it won’t be automatically recognized by system.
- NOTE: If you’ll reboot your device it will reboot TWICE and dalvik-cache will be cleared. This is temporary (and very stupid, but it works) workaround for some problem. It doesn’t affect any functionality, but does affect boot time. Will be fixed ASAP too.
- Download the latest version of the ROM
1. Copy the above downloaded file into your internal sdcard (NOT the external microSD).
2. Turn off your phone, then boot into Clockworkmod recovery (CWM).How*-Using the Volume buttons to scroll up and down and the Power button to select, select “wipe data/factory reset”, then select “Yes” on next screen to confirm data wipe (will NOT wipe your SD cards).
3. Now select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the ROM file on the sdcard from step 2 and select it. The ROM will now start installing.
4. After the installation is complete, select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone.
NOTE: If the phone is stuck at the first boot, reboot the phone by holding down the power button till it reboots. The ROM should boot after this.
The ROM disables the capacitive menu buttons on the Galaxy Note as it includes the onscreen Ice Cream Sandwich buttons. However, for those that want to enable them again, do the following:
5. Download the capacitive buttons fix.
Download Link | Filename: softbuttons.zip
6. Transfer the above capacitive downloaded file into to your internal SD card.
7. Boot into CWM recovery.
8. Now select “install zip from sdcard”, then select “choose zip from sdcard”. Scroll to the file softbuttons.zip and select it.
9. After the install completes, select “go back” then select “reboot system now” to reboot the phone. You should now have the capacitive buttons enabled again.
That’s it you have completed the above procedure.
Other reached here searching for:
- install note rom