Samsung’s Galaxy Nexus has got the latest version of AOKP Based ICS 4.0 known as Android’s KANG Open project. This Rom would have something extra for your device. After all Galaxy Nexus is one of the powerful Android handset. This is not an official update from Samsung, so bugs will be there. Let’s check out procedure how to install this firmware on Samsung’s Galaxy Nexus.
Samsung’s Galaxy Nexus specs and features:
Samsung Galaxy Nexus comes with the latest Android OS v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and a powerful Dual-core 1.2GHz Cortex-A9 processor. It has clear 4.7 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touch screen with 16M colors and 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. Samsung Galaxy Nexus has 5 MP cameras with autofocus and LED flash plus a Secondary 1.3 MP camera and Video recording at 720p@30fps. The phone has Bluetooh v3.0 with A2DP, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot and 3G data transfer at HSDPA 21 Mbps; HSUPA 5.76 Mbps.
How to install AOKP Based ICS 4.0 Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Nexus:
Note- This post is only for the educational purpose. So if anything happens to your mobile we are not responsible for that.
- Enable the USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT I9100 phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Turn Off all the antivirus as well as Firewall tools in your computer as these tools tend to interrupt the process of firmware update.
- This firmware should only be applied on the Galaxy Nexus GSM Version which is rooted. This firmware can’t be applied on the non rooted phones.
- Download the ICS Android 4.0.3 Firmware
- Google Apps Package
1. Connect the Galaxy Nexus phone to the computer using the original USB cable.
2. Turn Off your Galaxy Nexus to boot it into the recovery mode. How*-by Pressing Volume Up + Volume Down and holding both these buttons, you need to press the Power button to start the device in the recovery mode.
3. Once the device boots in the recovery mode, you need to select “install zip from sd card” > “choose zip from sd card” and then choose the ICS Android 4.0 Firmware Zip file which is placed in the phone and once it’s done, you need to select the Google Apps Zip file too.
Note- It should take round about 5 – 10 minutes of time for applying this update and once its updated either the device will be restarted or will land up in the recovery mode.
4. If the device lands up in the recovery mode, select “Wipe data/factory reset” & “Wipe Cache partition” so that this will clear the cache after which select “Go Back ” and select “reboot system now” which will restart the Galaxy Nexus in the updated firmware.
That’s it you have completed the above procedure.
Other reached here searching for:
- aokp galaxy y, aokp rom for galaxy y, aokp galaxy young, aokp rom galaxy y, galaxy y aokp, galaxy young aokp rom