Samsung Electronics has announced another Official Ice Cream Sandwich update for Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 Smartphones. This new firmware version is named as XWLPG, which is available for countries like: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and United Kingdom, also will be available for Samsung Galaxy S2 users worldwide soon.
The below guide is only for the users who are from the above mentioned countries, but it will work on every Galaxy S2 device worldwide.
Warning: On going through the below mentioned processes you may damage or brick your phone completely for which neither we nor the developer would be held liable, as these methods and procedures are considered to be risky.
- The below process are only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100.
- At least 70% of charge should be there with your phone, so as to reduce the chances of Power interruption during the process.
- You need Backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there is no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download XWLPG firmware and Odin from here to your computer and extract them too.
Procedure to Install XWLPG Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100:
- Open Odin and reboot your phone so as to enter into Download Mode. Download Mode in Samsung Galaxy S2 can be entered by pressing the Volume Down key + Home key and then simultaneously press Power button after which you will see a green robot indicating that the device has entered into the Download Mode.
- Now, connect your Galaxy S2 to the computer and then you will see that the ID: COM section has turned yellow in Odin.
- Now, click on PDA button and select the I9100XWLPG_I9100XXLPX_I9100NEELP4_Home.tar.md5 you got while extracting the downloaded file.
- Now, click on “Start” to begin the installation process.
- When, the installation process has completed, the phone will reboot automatically and when you see the Home Screen or language preference setting option on your screen, disconnect your phone.
- Now, once again reboot your phone this time to enter into Recovery Mode. The Recovery Mode can be entered by pressing the Volume Up + Home key and then simultaneously press Power button to enter Recovery Mode.
- Now, select “wipe data/factory reset” and then select “Yes” on the following screen to confirm your action.
- Then, select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone and land into latest Android 4.0 (ICS) firmware.
That’s it, you have successfully installed XWLPG Android 4.0 ICS firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Share your joy with us or let us know if you face any problem, we will try to resolve the same.
Other reached here searching for:
- xwlpg i9100, i9100 xwlpg download, jelly b ean versoin for galaxy s2 xwlpg, stock official ics firmwares i9100 xwlpg (4 0 4), update samsung galaxy s2 i9100 to official android 4 1 2 jelly bean xwlpg firmware, xwlpg firmware