Samsung has stopped supporting Samsung Galaxy S past Gingerbread, even though this device is able to Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, and now Jellybean that’s all 5 versions of Android. All this have been made possible by XDA Senior Member mkalter, also released for everyone. This is a very early port of Jellybean and therefore many things do not currently work, so this ROM is not for daily use. You should only install this ROM on your device to check whether it works on it or not.
Components that do not work in this ROM:
- Internal/External SD
The above mentioned components are currently not working in this ROM. Please consider this ROM as purely experimental, while installing this ROM on your Galaxy S create a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM so that you can revert it after checking on with this ROM. As soon as the sources of Jellybean is made available by Google the development of this ROM will be faster and you will get a error and bloat-free ROM. Below we summed up in simple steps on how you can install this ROM on your phone.
Warning: Following the methods and procedures mentioned in this guide can damage your device for which neither we nor the developer should be held liable. Therefore, please read this guide carefully and then proceed.
- This Tutorial guide is only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy S.
- Remove SIM card lock. Go to: Settings -> Location and Security -> Sim card lock -> checkbox should not selected.
- Flash XXJW4 the stock XXJW4 firmware, before heading forward with this article.
- Root XXJW4 firmware to obtain ClockworkMod Recovery, so that you can install this firmware.
- There should be at least 70% or more charge with your device, so that there will be no Power interruption during the process.
- You should backup all essential data’s on your phone, so that there is no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
Download the Latest version of the ROM from here to your computer, extract it place it in the root directory of your phone’s SD card.
Procedure to install Android 4.1 Jellybean on Samsung Galaxy S:
Step1: Reboot your phone so as to enter it in ClockworkMod Recovery. To do so, press and hold the Volume Up + Home buttons together for few seconds until the screen turns on.
Step2: Now, from the CWM Menu, select “wipe data/factory reset” wait until the data gets wiped completely.
Step3: Now, select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and then choose the ROM file you’ve placed on t he SD card. Wait till the installation completes.
Step4: After the installation has completed, go back to the main CWM menu and then wipe data as you did in Step2.
Step5: Now, select “advanced” and then select “Fix permissions”. Then select “reboot system now” from the main CWM menu to reboot your system.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully installed Android 4.1 Jellybean on your Samsung Galaxy S. Share your thoughts with us or any problem you face, we are here to help you always.
Other reached here searching for:
- new released android updates by samsung for GT-9070i, jellybean-mkalter- vol 1 zip, update auf android 4 1 jelly bean für samsung galaxy s advance gt-9070i, 9070i update, toturial to update galaxy s to jelly bean mkalter, samsung GT9070P Prize, Jellybean-mkalter vo 1 zip, jelly bean for gt9070, jelly bean 4 1 2 gt-i9000 download, how to install jellybean on samsung gt 19000, gt9070 jelly bean, gt-9070i android, android 4 1 jelly bean port for samsung galaxy s - gt-i9000 free download, android 4 1 dla gt-9070i, скачать для samsung 9070i cwm clockworkmod