AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G SGH – I997 is receiving the Infinitum LBR custom ROM based on the Android Open Kang Project (AOKP). All these have been possible by XDA senior member mg2195. This ROM is a very sleeker AOKP ROM based on Android 4.0.4 ICS which enables better performance and customization options. You will also like features like: huge RAM patch, Windows Phone 7 font, increased call volume, stock theme with some visual mods and and a modded market that works even after changing DPI. This ROM is under development and therefore it has some bugs, nevertheless it is better for daily use. The below guide will help you in install AOKP based Infinitum custom ROM on your AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G SGH – I997.
Warning: The methods and procedures discussed below may damage or brick your phone completely for which neither we nor the developer would be held liable.
At SamsungMobileClub we make sure that our readers take all precaution and preventive [prevent data loss and soft Bricks] measures before installing Custom ROM, Root or flashing firmware.
We have explained all required steps in detail:
Step 1: To ensure that you do not lose anything, please create backup of SMS, Contacts, APN settings, Whatapp chat messages etc. [ Alternative link to backup SMS, MMS, Contacts, Calendar, events on Samsung Android Phones]
Step 2: Please ensure that you have a desired battery level to perform the procedure [ we suggest minimum 60%]. While Installing custom ROM or Rooting your device it is required to enable USB debugging. You will find USB debug enable options in Settings>>Developer option. If you still do not get it check out our detailed tutorial about Enabling USB debugging and checking batter status /Usages.
Step 3: If you have already rooted your device and install CWM recovery and going to install a ROM then please backup your Firmware ROM using CWM recovery.
Step 4: We suggest a full backup of your apps and cache data, if you are rooted use Titanium Backup [ App backup and Restore tutorial] Or you can follow this tutorial to backup without root access.
Step 5: Please disable Antivirus, Firewall or other security apps before flashing Root, Firmware or Custom ROM as them may interrupt the procedure. We also suggest to disable Samsung Kies if you are flashing through PC.
Step 6: Please insure that you have correct driver and ADB installed on your System.
If you face any issues you can restore ROM using CWM recovery. After installing Backup you can restore all apps, SMS, Contacts and settings using the Tutorial provided on above mentioned links.
How to install Android 4.0.4 ICS AOKP-based Infinitum custom ROM on AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G SGH – I997 running on Ice Cream Sandwich ROM:
1. Reboot your phone to enter in to ClockworkMod Recovery. To do so, press the Volume up key + Volume down key + Power key together.
2. Now, select “Mount System” and fully wipe “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, “Wipe Cache” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache” by selecting them.
3. Now, select “install zip from sdcard” and then select “choose zip from sdcard” and select the Infinitum AOKP ROM file.
4. The phone will automatically reboot in Recovery during installation.
5. After the installation is complete, select “++++GO Back++++” and then select “reboot system now.”
Procedure to install Android 4.0.4 ICS AOKP-based Infinitum custom ROM on AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G SGH – I997 running on Gingerbread ROM:
1. Reboot your phone to enter in to ClockworkMod Recovery. To do so, Press the Volume up key + Volume down key + Power key together.
2. First fully wipe, by selecting “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, “Wipe Cache” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache.”
6. Now, select “install zip from sdcard” and then select “choose zip from sdcard” and select the Infinitum AOKP ROM file.
7. After the installation has successfully completed, select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now.”
8. Again reboot your phone, this time to enter in to Recovery Mode.
9. Now, select “Mount System.”
10. Next, select ““install zip from sdcard” and then select “choose zip from sdcard” and select the Infinitum AOKP ROM file.
11. Now, select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
That’s it you have successfully installed the Infinitum AOKP ROM on your AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G SGH – I997. Share with us if you face any problem, we will help to resolve the same.
Other reached here searching for:
- sgh i997 official froyo rom, custom odin for infuse, i997 firmware 4 0, ics for samsung sgh i997, ice cream sandwich 4 0 4 download for sgh i997, how to upgrade android 2 3 5 to 4 0 in infinitum, sgh-i997 ics, root sgh-i927 4 0 4, install android 4 0 on samsung i997, samsung sgh i997 update ics, cwm i997 with odin, samsung i997 4 0 4 rom, samsung sghi997 aokp, Samsung Infuse 4G SGH-I997 (ATT): How to install Android 4 0 4 ICS AOKP-based Infinitum custom ROM, samsung i997 4 0 4, infuse 4g 4 0 4, rom samsung sgh-i997 infuse 4g xda, rom sgh-i997r download, rom stock i997, rom stock i997 para instalar con odin