Samsung Galaxy S, the first flagship model by Samsung in Android range of Smartphone, will not receive the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update has been confirmed officially. Nevertheless, the third party developers are working to come up with better custom ROM for various models. One such update for Samsung Galaxy S is Android 4.0.4 Dark Knight ROM. This ROM has been tested by many users, and their feedback is, this ROM is far more stable than any other Custom ROM.
This update comes with the following improvements and enhancements:
This new update includes most of the features of Ice Cream Sandwich operating system as it will update your Samsung Galaxy S to the latest Android version 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
Disclaimer: Neither we nor the developers are responsible for any error occurred while updating this firmware from our procedure. If you try this firmware on any other device or any version like Galaxy GT 9000b or Galaxy S GT I9000i there is a high chance of bricking your device. But don’t worry if any issues occur we are committed to help you in re-solving the same.
Below we will guide you on how you can Install Dark Knight Android 4.0.4 on your Samsung Galaxy S.
- This update is only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy S GT I9000.
- Make sure that you have more than 70% of battery charge.
- Backup all the data on your phone as these would be lost after the firmware upgrade.
- Enable the USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
- Disable all security programs like antivirus and firewall from your computer and uninstall them too from your device, as these programs generally interrupt the process of firmware update.
- Download the ICS Dark Night Custom ROM package on your PC.
Install Dark Night ICS 4.0.4 Custom ROM:
- Connect the phone to PC using the USB Cable and transfer the downloaded files to the root of your SD card and Disconnect your phone from the PC.
- Now, reboot your phone in Recovery mode. For this, press Volume UP key + OK button and holding both keys simultaneously you need to hit the power button.
- In the recovery mode, select the option “install zip from SD card” and then “choose zip from sd card” and then navigate to the ICS Dark Night custom ROM package which is located in your phones SD card.
- When you are completed with the installation procedure, select “++++Go Back++++” and then choose the option of “Reboot system now”.
That’s it you have successfully installed latest Dark knight ROM 4.0.4 on your Samsung Galaxy S.
Other reached here searching for:
- dark knight rom for ace s5830, galaxy s plus custom firmware 4 0 4, installer dark night galaxy s4, the dark knight free for android 4 0 4 galaxy s II T-mobile