New Update for Galaxy S2 GT I9100 has been pushed with ICS 4.0.3 Firmware. This all new firmware is dubbed as XWLP3 4.0.3 firmware. Users are not satisfied with the last few official firmwares for Galaxy S2 Smartphone, yet this update’s for all those people. Generally, this update was released for O2 specific devices, all thanks to intratech for removing the branding thus making it a Global firmware. Good news also guys while applying this update you don’t need to root the device and also will not get rooted after applying this update. Also if you have rooted your device then after applying this update rooting access will be revoked and you will get your warranty period back.
1. Download the XWLP3 Firmware Update Package.
2. Download the Odin3 v1.83
3. Turn off antivirus and firewall. Also Samsung KIES, as they usually interrupt firmware update process.
4. This procedure will wipe all your apps, data and settings. So backup all your data properly of HTC Inspire 4G. Use apps like Titanium backup, contact, SMS backup.
5. Enable the USB debugging in your Phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
6. Minimum battery charge required is 70%, that’s because you don’t have power problem during the process.
Step1. Extract the above downloaded XWLP3 Firmware into your PC.
Step2. Open the Odin executable file in your computer. Run the Odin and let it run.
Step3. Now, turn off the device so as to enter in the Download Mode. The Download mode of Galaxy S2 GT I9100 can be entered by pressing Volume down Key, Center button, and holding both simultaneously press the Power Button after which a green robot will be shown that means the Download Mode has been entered.
Step4. Connect your Phone to the computer with the USB cable while keeping the Odin open. Here you will see that the ID: COM section will turn Yellow which will mean that all the drivers have been successfully updated.
Step5. Now, click on “PDA” and then select “I9100XWLP3_I9100O2ULP4_I9100XXLPR_HOME.tar.md5”. After this, click on “Start” to start the firmware update.
Step6. Once the firmware is updated successfully, the device will be restarted.
Step7. When you will see the home screen remove the connected USB cable.
Step6. Again turn off the device so as to enter in recovery mode. The Galaxy S2 I9100 recovery mode can be entered by holding the Volume Up button + the Home key button (the middle button). While holding these both buttons, you need to turn ON your device.
7. In recovery mode, select Wipe data/factory reset and also you need to select Wipe Cache partition.
8. Now, just reboot your device by selecting reboot system now with the help of Volume rocker keys. Once it’s done, you then will have to select the option of “reboot system now” for restarting the device.
That’s it you have completed the process.
Other reached here searching for:
- 4 0 3 s7500, update s7500 to 4 0 3 version