Warning: This post is meant for educational and instructional purpose only. Follow the instructions at your own risk, as these instructions may damage or brick your phone completely for which neither we nor the developer should be held liable.
- The methods and procedures discussed below should be applied to Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001.
- Your phone should have at least 70% charge with it, to reduce the chances of Power interruption during the process.
- Backup all essential data’s on your phone, to assure that there is no data loss during the process.
- Disable all Security programs like Firewall and Antivirus from your computer and uninstall the same from your phone, as these security programs generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download the Rooting Package and Unrooting Package from here to your computer. Extract the needed file and place it in the root directory of your phone’s internal memory.
Procedure to Root Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001:
- Reboot your phone so as to enter in to Recovery Mode. To do so, press the Volume Up + Power buttons together. When you see the green robot, press the Menu button to boot into Recovery Mode.
- Now, select “apply update from sdcard” and then choose the “Root-i9001-Signed.zip” from the SD you’ve copied and confirm your action by selecting “Yes” to begin the rooting process.
- When the rooting process is complete, choose “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now” to restart your phone.
Procedure Unroot Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001:
- To Unroot your Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 you will have to follow t he same steps as mentioned above for rooting your phone. But, you have to use “UnRoot-i9001-Signed.zip” package got while extracting the downloaded files instead.
That’s it, you will successfully root or unroot your Samsung Galaxy S Plus GT-I9001 from the above mentioned ways. Share your joy with us or let us know if you face any trouble.
Other reached here searching for:
- rooting i9001i, unroot gt-i9001, unroot galaxy s plus