Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 users have one custom ROM aligned for their device. You will be glad to know that we are presenting you an MIUI ROM which is very fresh from release. As you all know that MIUI is one of the mostly liked custom ROM by many users. It has a reputation for providing quality custom ROM’s for Samsung devices and therefore a new one is available for Samsung Galaxy Note users via the VengeanceNote Edition custom ROM. It was developed by XDA developers senior member Gerrett who ported this MIUI ROM to the Galaxy Note. This new MIUI ROM is based on MIUI 2.6.8 and CyanogenMod 9 nightly build 20120406. This ROM is still under development, therefore there may some issues and bugs in it. Some of which are HDMI, tethering, FM, USB OTG and several others. Nevertheless, these and other discovered issues will soon be sorted out. Else the ROM is working fine. The criterion for installing this ROM on your Galaxy Note is, it must be running on Gingerbread or Cyanogen 9 OS.
Warning: This post is meant for educational purpose. Neither we nor the developer will hold any responsibility if any damaged is caused to your phone while following the below mentioned methods and steps.
- The procedures discussed below are only for the users who own Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000.
- Please charge your device so that at least 70% charge is there with it, to assure that there is no Power interruption during the process.
- You need to backup all your essential data’s on the phone, as they may be lost during the process.
- Disable all security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your device, as these security suites generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download Odin, CF-Root kernel and MIUI ROM from here to your computer. Extract them all and copy the Vengeance Edition zip file to the root directory of your phone’s SD card.
Procedure to Root, install ClockworkMod Recovery and install VengeanceNote ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000:
- Open Odin and reboot your phone so as to enter in to Download Mode. To do so, press the Volume Down + Home + Power buttons together, then press the Volume Up button when the screen turns on.
- Now, connect your phone to the PC via original USB cable, you will see that the ID: COM section has turned Yellow in Odin.
- In Odin, click on the “PDA” button and select the “CF-Root-SGN_XX_OXA_LC1-v5.3-CWM5.tar” file. Then click the “Start” button to begin the flashing.
- Your phone will automatically reboot when the kernel is flashed.
- Once again reboot your phone this time to enter in to ClockworkMod Recovery. To do so, press Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Now, select “wipe Data/Factory reset” to clear the data on your phone.
- Now, select “install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and then choose the vengeanceNote zip file.
- Wait for few seconds, the graphical AROMA installer will appear. Follow the screen instructions and configuration prompts to install the MIUI ROM on your phone.
- When the installation has completed, select “Finish” to end the process and reboot your phone.
- If the phone is not automatically rebooted, select “++++Go Back++++” and then select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone.
That’s it you have successfully installed the ICS-based VengeanceNote Edition custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000. Share with us if you face any problem, we’ll help you in resolving the same.
Other reached here searching for:
- venegance ics, vengeance note rom, vengeancenote rom