CyanogenMod 9 or CM9 in short Custom ROM is now available forSamsung Galaxy S3 I9300. All this have been possible by an incredible group of developers specifically dedicated to Samsung Android devices, TeamHacksung. Specifically XpLodWilD, team member of TeamHacksung and recognized developer at XDA-Forums, developed and shared the CM9 for Galaxy S3. Therefore, desperate users can move on try this new custom ROM on their new Galaxy S3. Presently, there some of the known issues, which are: FM Radio is currently not supported, Using LED flash in camera causes FC’s on some phones and awakening the device up using Volume keys might not work because the device is sleeping too deep and does not recognize key presses. Therefore, efforts are being made to fix these bugs as soon as possible.
Read the detailed instructions below to install this nightly build ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
Warning: Neither we nor the developer should be responsible for any damage caused to your phone ongoing through the below mentioned methods and steps, as these are considered to be risky. Please proceed at your own risk.
- This guide is only applicable on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300, international version which comes with Exynos Quad-Core processor and 1GB RAM. It not for Galaxy S3 on networks like: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, US Cellular or any other network over the World. You can check your version of your phone in Settings -> About Phone, which should be “GT-I9300” for installing this CM9 ROM on it.
- Please assure that there is at least 70% charge on your phone before proceeding, so that there is no Power interruption during the process.
- It’s essential to backup all important data’s on your phone, as these may be lost during the process.
- Disable all security programs like Antivirus and Firewall from your computer and uninstall the same from your device, as these security suites generally tend to interrupt the process.
- Enable USB debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The option of USB Debugging should be ticked.
- Download CF-Root Kernel, CyanogenMod 9 ROM and Google Apps Package from here to your computer. Extract them all on your PC and place the extracted CM9 and “gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip” on the root directory of the SD card of your phone.
Procedure to install CyanogenMod 9 ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300:
Step1: First of all, ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery should be there on your phone to be able to install/flash this CyanogenMod 9 on your Galaxy S3. If you don’t have one, install extracted CF-Root on your phone which gets you both Root and CWM Recovery in an easy method.
Step2: Now, reboot your phone so as to enter it in the ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery. To do so, press Volume Up + Home + Power together and for a few seconds until you see Samsung logo on the screen. (Use the Volume keys to browse between options and Power key to confirm selection.)
Step3: Do wiping of the following by selecting them: “Wipe Data/Factory Reset”, “Wipe Cache Partition” and “Wipe Dalvik Cache” in order to prepare your phone for installation of CM9 ROM on it.
Step4: Now, from the main menu in recovery, select “install zip from sdcard” and choose the extracted CM9 ROM file you’ve placed on your SD card to install the CM9 ROM on your Galaxy S3.
Step5: When the installation of the ROM finishes, it’s time to install the Google Apps, to do so, again from the main menu on Recovery select “Install zip from sdcard” then select “choose zip from sdcard” and choose the “gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip” file on your SD card.
Step5: That’s it, all required installation has finished, now select “reboot system now” to reboot your phone and land into the new CM9 ROM.
Congratulations, you’ve successfully installed CM9 ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S3. Share your joy with us or let us know if you have any issue, we’ll find a perfect solution for the same.
Other reached here searching for:
- cm9 i9300, cm9 samsung galaxy s3, cyanogenmod oder original i9300, how to install cm9 samsung gallaxy s3 sph l710, how unroot i9300 cm9, i9300 short jumper usb debugging