Previously Google has announced that he will bring Android 4.0 shortly on Nexus S. After the launch of Verizon Galaxy Nexus ICS hits on air through OTA updates. So you can wait for OTA update notification on your device or we have figured out a way to download and manually install the update immediately.
Specs in Brief of Samsung Google Nexus S:
- ARM Cortex A8 1GHz processor
- Contour Display with curved glass screen.
- Multi-touch input method.
- Oleophobic surface.
- Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate.
- Touch-sensitive controls..
- Proximity sensor for auto turn-off
- Three-axis gyro sensor.
- Flash Player v10.1
- Android OS v2.3 (Gingerbread)
- AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 480 x 800 pixels
- 16GB internal storage, no memory card slot
- 512 MB RAM
Samsung Google Nexus S is the latest feature rich mobile from Samsung. It is powered by ARM Cortex A8 1GHz processor and Android OS v2.3 (Gingerbread). The phone has Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 480 x 800 pixels, Virtual QWERTY and a 5 MP camera with autofocus and LED which can record videos at 720p@30fps. Video Player can play MP4, DivX, WMV, H.264, and H.263 formats. 16GB internal storage and 512 MB RAM, but there is no card slot for external memory. It has Li-Ion 1500 mAh battery with Talk Time Up to 14 h (2G) / Up to 6 h 40 min (3G) and Standby Time Up to 713 h (2G) / Up to 428 h (3G)
How to Update Samsung Google Nexus S Manually to ICS :
Note: This post is only for the educational purpose, so if any thing happens to your mobile we are not responsible for that.
- Download the ICS update for Nexus S form the link above, rename it to update.zip and copy it to the root of your SD card.
- Switch off your phone and reboot into bootloader mode.
- To go to Bootloader menu (Hold Volume up and the Power button.)
- Using the volume key to navigate, select recovery, then use the power button to confirm
- go to the recovery mode.
- When you see the warning triangle and arrow, hold the power button and tap volume up.
- You’ll see a menu.
- Select apply update from /sdcard and select the update.zip.
- Once the update is flashed, simply reboot your device.
- Device will be booted automatically if not then boot it manually.
That’s it you have completed the process now enjoy. Tell us how would you like this post.