Samsung Galaxy Nexus is most popular Android phone running Ice Cream Sandwich. After updating your Samsung Galaxy Nexus to ICS Android 4.0.4 firmware you might be thinking that how to root Android 4.0.4 and for that we are here for explain. And before proceeding for procedure make sure that back up your important data and make sure that your device is fully charged. And before rooting I want to tell you that you are voiding your warranty by doing this. After only you will regain its warranty by unrooting your device which we will explain in next post.
Steps for Rooting Samsung Galaxy Nexus on ICS Android 4.0.4 Firmware
- At first you will have to download Super user Zip package along with Clock Work Mod (CWM) recovery to your PC.
- Then you will need to debug your phone from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-126.96.36.199-toro.img
4. After the completion of command prompt you will have select recovery mode with the help of volume up and down key and you need to press Power Button to select recovery mode.
5. After this step, you will see that your device will be booting in the Clock Work Mod recovery in which you need to select by volume key “install zip from sdcard” and choose “su.zip” and then you will have to select the same with the help of Volume keys and press the Power button.
6. After successfully flashing the super user you will have to go back and reboot your device. Then after rebooting you will get your device rooted successfully.