Today we would discuss a very simple method of One-Click Root and Recovery for Galaxy Nexus with the help of CASUAL tool. Samsung Galaxy Nexus comes with the latest Android OS v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and a powerful Dual-core 1.2GHz Cortex-A9 processor. It has clear 4.7 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors and 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. Samsung Galaxy Nexus has 5 MP camera with autofocus and LED flash plus a Secondary 1.3 MP camera and Video recording at 720p@30fps. The phone has Bluetooth v3.0 with A2DP, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot and 3G data transfer at HSDPA 21 Mbps; HSUPA 5.76 Mbps. This process is developed by XDA Elite Recognized Developer AdamOutler. You can root and install CWM recovery on your Galaxy Nexus without unlocking the bootloader and hence, without wiping your data. It also runs across Windows, Linux and OS X with a single download, thanks to the tool being a java application.
You can only root Android 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 ROMs, but support will be added for 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 ROMs as and when a root exploit for them is developed, mentions the developer. Clockworkmod recovery can be installed on any ROM though. Let’s check out the procedure.
Read our full article to know the installation procedure:
Pre-Requisites for rooting Galaxy Nexus:
1. Backup all your data properly, so that after applying this firmware you can restore all your data back to its own place. You can take help from this tutorial
2. Charge your battery at least 80% so that no power interruption during the process.
3. Java must install on your computer. If not download it from here
3. Enable the USB Debugging in your Galaxy ACE from the path “Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging”. The USB Debugging option should be ticked.
4. Disable all security programs like antivirus and firewall. Also disable Kies for Samsung.
5. Download Galaxy Nexus CASUAL tool and Busybox
Step by step guide to root Samsung Galaxy Nexus:
Step1. Open the CASUAL tool which you have downloaded on prerequisite.
Step2. First connect your Samsung Galaxy Nexus into your PC with the help of original USB cable.
Step2. Now, after connecting your device you should see the text Device Connected in the CASUAL window.
Step3. Now, on a drop-down menu, choose your required option depending on whether you want to root your device, or install CWM recovery on it, the press the Do It button.
Note: Be sure to select the GSM or CDMA option according to your version of the device.
Step4. After rooting your device, do install busybox by selecting the Install busybox option.
Note: Busybox is required by many root applications, so make sure to install it.
That’s it you have completed the process of rooting Galaxy Nexus and also installing Clockworkmod.
Other reached here searching for:
- samsung galaxy recovery tool, flash tool for samsung nexus