At last, the Sprint version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab is receiving the Android 2.3 update that many other Galaxy Tab owners began receiving over a month ago. Needless to say, the update is OTA, but a good Wi-Fi connection is preferred when downloading and updating to ensure a smooth install and delivery.
The update will take the current EB28 version and update it to EF17. If you don’t see a notification for it, simply head into ’settings’ and ‘About my Galaxy Tab’, then check for updates. The update brings better battery performance, fixes issues for VPN, and Bluetooth HID support.
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- HID Bluetooth
To update your Galaxy Tab over the air
- From the Home screen, tap Menu
- Select Settings > About My Galaxy Tab > System updates
- Choose either Update Android or Update Firmware
- Your Samsung Galaxy Tab will automatically download and install any available updates. You may need to power it off and back on to complete the software upgrade.